Students will develop digital literacy skills to communicate and work efficiently and effectively to find use, summarize, evaluate, create, and communicate information using digital technologies. Students will learn how to use computers to collect, store, distribute and communicate information within a business context. Students will learn basic keyboarding skills and how to use current industry-standard office software to complete high school/college coursework and create professional workplace documents using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; students will learn and practice file management; and students will learn open source software including Google Docs, Prezi, etc.
- Ergonomics & Computer Basics
- Microsoft Word/Google Docs Basics & Letter Format
- Internet Researching & Safety
- Report Format
- PowerPoint/Google Slides, Excel/Sheets, Publisher & Access Basics
- Job Success: Resumes & Interviewing
Classwork/sm projects 30%
Tests/group projects 35%
Class Participation 5%
You must have these materials in class every day.
Do what is Right, Do your Best, treat others how you want to be treated
- Be ready to work independently, in small groups, and as a class. You are expected to be mature and flexible.
- You must come to class with a positive attitude each day! You can learn something every day.
- You must come to class prepared to give your best effort every day. You will be expected to read and write every day.
- You must always be on time. If you are late, daily class points will be deducted. (then school tardy policy....& Loss of credit rule!)
- You are to spend your time thoughtfully engaged on the subject matter for this class.!
- You must follow all policies in the student handbook. If you follow the rules, you will be much more successful!
- Respect yourself, your classmates and school property.
- No food or drink in the lab
- Cell phones and any other electronic devices are not allowed in this class. unless for class purposes If you have your device out in class, it will be confiscated and given to an administrator
Late Work Policy:
Make- up Work: