Fashion Marketing & Merchandising brings to life the business aspects of the fashion world. It presents the basics of market economics, textiles, design, and promotion. It gives an in-depth view of the entire textile/apparel/retail soft goods chain. It also offers a comprehensive study of retail and economic fundamentals and strategies for retail success.
- Basic Fashion & Business Concepts
- Textile/Apparel Building Blocks
- Designing & Producing Apparel
- Retail Business Fundamentals
- Strategies For Retail Success
- Fashion Promotion
- Fashion Business in Today's World
- Your Future in the Fashion Industry
Classwork/sm projects 30%
Tests/group projects 35%
Class Participation 5%
You must have these materials in class every day.
- Be ready to work independently, in small groups, and as a class. You are expected to be mature and flexible.
- You must come to class with a positive attitude each day! You can learn something every day.
- You must come to class prepared to give your best effort every day. You will be expected to read and write every day.
- You must always be on time. If you are late, daily class points will be deducted. (then school tardy policy....& Loss of credit rule!)
- You are to spend your time thoughtfully engaged on the subject matter for this class.!
- You must follow all policies in the student handbook. If you follow the rules, you will be much more successful!
- Respect yourself, your classmates and school property.
- No food or drink in the lab
- Cell phones and any other electronic devices are not allowed in this class. unless for class purposes If you have your device out in class, it will be confiscated and given to an administrator.
Late Work Policy:
Assignment grades will be reduced by 10 percent per class period on each assignment that is not turned in by the designated due date. No credit will be awarded after the third class period. Projects not turned on time without an acceptable excuse will result in zero.
Students enrolled in Marketing courses will automatically be enrolled in DECA.
DECA is an international association of students and teachers of marketing, management and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service (DECA.org). It is one of ten organizations listed as Career and Technical Student Organizations by the United States Department of Education.
DECA has a tremendous impact on students' college and career choices. More than 70 percent of DECA members at the 2010 International Career Development Conference indicated that DECA has influenced their future career plans. Likewise, more than 65 percent indicated that DECA has influenced their future college plans.To be prepared for both college and careers, DECA members are taking advantage of the new programs of study in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, and Hospitality. DECA members will participate in community service activities, travel and competitive events that may be used to document advanced credit or other forms of college admissions requirement.
Make- up Work:
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMMUNICATING WITH THE TEACHER
All assignments will be posted on www.edmodo.com
It is your responsibility to make up work as the result of an absence. As per school policy, the number of days you are absent are the number of days you have to make up work.
DECA members will be trained to be:
- Public Speakers
- Contributing members of society